Monday 2 April 2007

CPR (Can't Precisely Remember)

We did the Senior First Aid Course at Year 13 this week. I actually found it extremely hard to concentrate throughout pretty much the entire thing, the only thing I could think about was my desperate urge to go jump into bed and sleep for a few hours. (Though as usual, I had woken up completely by night time... I showed some other Year 13er's Cold Rock at Cronulla).

But even though I was only 50% concious the entire course, I am theoritically able to give CPR to someone if they suddenly fall over and stop breathing. I say theoretically because I doubt I would remember what to do, especially when someone is actually not breathing as opposed to faking it. Hopefully I'll remember it though - but it'd be awesome if the chance to remember never happened. Hear that everyone? Don't stop breathing, and don't die. Thanks!

---

Went to supper after church today - Jason did as well - we usually can't make it because of being a bit geographically challenged, but Lara and Mark very kindly gave us lifts home which was awesome.

It got me thinking about the group of ex-Year12's. At our youth camp at the beginning of the year I got to hang out with quite a few of the ex-Year12's which was great, and I also got to know some of them who I didn't really know that well before.

Unfortuantely I've found that in a regular week there isn't much of an opportunity to catch up with them, seeing them after EC is great, but the time really flies. Some of them lead the yr 6 - 8 youth, and Kids Church (at which time I am still in my half-asleep zombie-like state) but apart from that there isn't really many times.

Hopefully some more opportunities will come up in the future.