Monday 26 March 2007

A Big Thank You to my Readers!

A few people have told me that they are reading my blog! Thanks heaps everyone, knowing that people are reading it really helps me to keep doing them. And as this is something that they recommend for Year 13 it helps me with the course.

If you have been/are reading the blog, I'd love you to leave a quick comment so that I know who's reading! You can do that by clicking the 'comments' link at the bottom of each post.

---

Two Friday's ago two of the girls from one of my scripture classes came to our kids club! (I help teach scripture with one of the ladies at my church). It was heaps exciting and they seemed to enjoy it.

THEN last Friday, not only did they come back, they also brought another girl along! On top of that, a guy from my other scipture class came along as well! All four seemed to enjoy themselves, its really exciting to see them forming friendships with the other kids and leaders there.

My prayer is that these friendships will continue to grow and that they will learn a lot from the talks as well, and that God will be at work in their lives so that they can come to know Him.

---

I really enjoyed church tonight, I feel really blessed with the church family I am in. I really enjoy being a part of the Youth Church congregation (although its as a leader - it really doesn't feel that different to being part of the youth at all!) Its so encouraging to see all the youth growing in their faith. Today Rob's talk involved them thinking through the passage themselves and picking out some of the main points, and I was very excited to see them all working through it enthusiastically.

I'm also really blessed to be part of Evening Church - there are many people who I look up to in the congregation. There are also a great bunch of my year group as well - quite a few of us actually. Got to spend some time with them at our youth camp earlier this year which was awesome. Haven't had heaps of time to chat with them much lately as I usually seem to find myself running around after church looking for people I need to speak to about certaint things, but I'm hoping there will be a few more opportunities soon. One such opportunity is that Mark offered me a lift home from supper next week, which assuming it all works out, should be quite awesome. Thats another thing I've been really blessed with - people willing to give me lifts. Its amazing how many people are willing to give me a lift home from various things even though it will take half an hour each way for most of them.

Overall, I think our church is doing great with showing God's love to each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. As always, there is room for improvement, unfortunately there are probably some people who aren't feeling as welcome or loved as they should. I know I definately feel very blessed though - and I think it was the awesome display of everyone's love and drew me in all the way back at the youth camp in 2004. And to think... if it wasn't for that, there's a very good chance I wouldn't be doing Year 13 at all! The way God works is amazing.