Sunday 18 March 2007

Current Thought Bubbles

Hmmm... its nearly a week without posting, I think I've been fairly tired most nights that I've actually been home to do a blog. I am also fairly tired now, but here are the current things on my mind:

* I've got my first Year 13 assignment due in soon, its about the Christian view of work... should probably start looking into it soon!

* Tonight Pup asked me if I'd like to try running a full Clay night, seems pretty scarey but I might try the one in two weeks...

* I also had a thought in the middle of Evening Church tonight: maybe we could have a 'pre-Kyckstart' meetup where we start thinking about the theme of Kyckstart this year (the website says that they are going to put discussion questions on soon, so they could be quite useful.)

I was thinking that this could be done at normal Youth Church time, then maybe we could go grab dinner before Evening Church. I mentioned the idea to Rob which then sparked the idea that this could be something for Youth Church in the holidays:

A time to hang out casually at normal Youth Church time, maybe have someone give a short devotional message, maybe some time of discussion and prayer, before getting dinner and EC. I'd be heaps keen to give this a try, I always thought it was a shame that YC had to stop during the holidays. The leaders having a break is fine - I fully think they should have a break - but it'd be cool to have something small where the youth can still meet up together.