Friday 9 March 2007

Shoes of Readiness

Wow, Clay (yr 6 - 8 youth group) went really really well tonight.

I've been stressed for the past few days about the talk I had to do for it. It isn't the first talk I've done there, I did some last year, but I was really struggling with it throughout the week.

It was about the 3rd piece of 'Amour of God' found in Ephesians 6, - Shoes of Readiness for the Gospel of Peace.

The power of prayer really worked - quite a lot of people were praying for me at Year 13 and stuff. I defiantely wasn't feeling too good about it beforehand - even had trouble printing it! But God prevailed and it was defiantely through him that the talk actually went pretty good!

They also seemed to respond quite well - many of them were asking very good questions - even touching upon some of the things the world has been saying about Jesus recently (such as 'finding his body'). And a lot of them seem keen in the recently started up junior girls bible study and the 'coming real soon' junior boys bible study.

The rest of the night was good fun - the theme was 'Lost' so we all boarded the plane made out of chairs, Gogs and Kate were the air hosteses, Mark was the pilot, Biar was the navigator. The plane crashed, Kate and Gogs subsequently 'spilled' drink all over Josh'. Good times. The kids then got lots of 'injuries' (such as not being able to use their left leg) and then play lots of challenges as a team.

Also tonight was Youth Church going to Putt Putt Golf - I was a bit dissapointed that I wasn't able to go to it, but Clay was still a fantastic night anyway!